Tuesday 12 October 2010

Another fully self-sufficient dinner

I should have posted this on Sunday but I'm running a bit late on things at the moment. On Sunday we had a fully self-sufficient meal. For starters we had corn on the con. Main course was pheasant, roast parsnips and roast potatoes and sage and onion stuffing. The only disaster was the stuffing itself. The sage was rather old (dried and left over from last year). Nevertheless, it was a good meal.

I have subsequently stripped the pheasant and the meat will be chopped up and mixed with mashed potato and coated with breadcrumbs to be fried, later this week. The bones were used to make stock for a leak, potato and nasturtium soup. I picked the leaks on Sunday. They were actually thinnings but I had no desire to see them go to waste.

---
Sent via BlackBerry

No comments: