Monday 23 December 2013

Greenery and blossom



I know I said in my last post that the weather is bad. Nevertheless, we have had a period of mild weather this autumn which has resulted in a few odd things happening to trees, bushes and so on. I had to drive down to London on Saturday and I spotted gorse flowering near the A1. Here in London I have found green leaves on the elder in Crystal Palace Park, and nearby I've found trees starting to blossom.



Back home I have spotted blackberries still ripening. There are dandelions still growing (I pick them for the hens and goats) and there are still green nettles. We have only had 2 days of frost and though I have had reports of snow falling yesterday back in Sunniside, it was too wet for it to lie.

So it seems we are having yet another season of unusual weather.

No comments: