Sunday 19 August 2012

A few things we have made recently

I've been in the kitchen as well as on the allotment recently so I thought I'd bring you a few photos of some of what I've made recently.

Mint sauce

 mint sauce Aug 12

A corner of Dad's allotment is overrun with mint (you should plant it in pots, not into the ground as it is very invasive and once you have it, you're stuck with it). I picked some recently to make mint sauce.

Summer fruit jam

 summer fruit jam Aug 12

Contains raspberries, redcurrants and blackcurrants.

Wild raspberry jam

 wild raspberry jam Aug 12

We have now finished picking wild raspberries (see photo below). The crop is finished. It was also later than usual. I spotted after making this jam that it comes out darker and browner than jam I make from the raspberries we grow ourselves.

 wild raspberries Aug 12

Tomato soup

 tomato soup Aug 12

Alas, this was made from tomatoes given to me by one of our neighbouring allotment holders. Our tomatoes are late thsi year and I'm not convinced we will get much of a crop at all.

Radish leaf soup

 radish leaf soup AUg 12

Another soup, this time made from radishes grown in our polytunnel (though we have now taken off the cover.

Raspberry vinegar

 raspberry vinegar Aug 12

I'll be making pancakes soon to test out this raspberry vinegar as a sauce.

No comments: