Tuesday 25 August 2015

Raspberry flan

raspberry flan July 15

I've been away since the end of July in London, the USA and Paris, hence the absence of any posts over the past month. So I've got some catching up to do. I'll start with some photos taken before I went away and over which I ran out of time to post before jumping on the train to London.

Here is the first.

I recently made a batch of flans to use up a glut of soft goat cheese and milk and some duck eggs. I also had some raspberries. All these were mixed together along with a sprinkling of sugar to create a filling for a raspberry flan.  The end result was great. There will be plenty of blackberries ripe for picking shortly so I'll be doing a blackberry version of the flan as well.

raspberry flan Jul 15 2


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back. Yes, the harvest is keeping us very busy as well. I froze the blackberries to deal with later. We have so many apples to deal with now. This variety doesn't store very well, so it will be pies and canning applesauce.