Monday 7 July 2014

Whickham Community Festival



I am a member of a group called Lighting Up Whickham which raises funds for the Christmas lights for Whickham, the next town down the road from my home village of Sunniside. We organised our third community festival on Saturday and this year we chose the Great War as the theme, to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of the First World War. I was there selling my preserves and eggs and promoting the community cafe we run at Marley Hill Community Centre.

A special request from the group was made to me to bring my ducks to put next to the hook a (plastic) duck game. I also brought our 10 day old ducklings which were on my stall - and which proved very popular.





As a member of the organising group, taking part in the zumba was compulsory!

The full set of photos from the Festival can be seen on this link.


No comments: