Sunday, 12 June 2016
Our raspberry patch has become somewhat overrun with nettles. Today I set about resolving this problem. Armed with gloves and a long-sleeve shirt, I pulled up the nettles. They are not being wasted however. Our goats eat them both fresh and dried. I am making hay at the moment and the dried nettles are being added to the hay crop.
The photo above shows the overrun raspberry patch.
The raspberry patch cleared on one side (note the large quantity of nettles in the background waiting to be cleared).
One of the numerous piles of nettles which will be dried out over the next few days and added to the hay crop.