Tuesday 2 July 2013

Ducklings on parade

Whickham Festival June 13 (19)

On Saturday, the Whickham Community Festival was held. I had a table selling my homemade jam and promoting the Allotment Cafe and craft market I run in Marley Hill Community Centre in the next village from ours. There was a medieval theme to the day and a medieval village "duck pond" (a kid's paddling pool) was created. I took down my ducklings to put in a cage next to the "pond" and they turned out to be one of the star attractions!

That wasn't their only outing. On Sunday, we took the ducklings to Marley Hill and put them in the cage on the grass outside the cafe. Whilst we were running the cafe, kids could look at the ducklings and enter a competition to name them. As yet we haven't chosen the winner. That's on my to-do list.

No comments: